Finding the Perfect Engagment Ring: 5 Tips
There probably aren’t too many guys that will tell you they’re shopping experts. There definitely isn’t a ton of us that have any clue when it comes to diamond ring shopping. I’m lucky to have found my friends at Mark’s Diamonds.
After working with Mark’s Diamonds over the past few weeks, I now consider myself….well, at least an advanced amateur. There’s so much to consider and you ultimately need a guy like Mark Hadley to guide you through the process.
Here are my 5 tips that might come in handy for you when that time to pick out the perfect ring comes for you.
- HAVE A BUDGET: You should really have a rough estimate of what kind of money you’re able to spend on an engagement ring. Now, it’s not easy putting a price tag on your love. If I could, I’d spend a billion dollars on Sharon’s ring, but I didn’t invent Google or Amazon, so I’m on a budget. Mark’s Diamonds has such a wide variety of options that literally fit all budgets.
- DO YOUR HOMEWORK: There are so many different types of diamond cuts, settings, and styles. Also, you need to know the size of the finger that will be wearing this ring that you picked out. If you have an idea of what your significant other likes, it will definitely help you save some time. It’ll also help your confidence level in knowing that you’ll be presenting a ring that your significant other will love.
- BE CUSTOM: You want to find a jeweler like Mark’s Diamonds that will provide you with a custom ring. You don’t want the ring being like a teeshirt from Target (everyone’s wearing it). Mark’s Diamonds provides in-house customization. They can even integrate heirloom pieces into the design or add cool custom embellishments.
- Educate Yourself: Spend a few minutes online to learn about diamonds. Knowing the 4 C’s (Cut, Clarity, Carat, and Color) will help you in the long run. It’ll also help your jeweler know exactly what you’re looking for and you’ll know how these affect overall costs.
- FIND THE BEST DEAL: You ultimately want to find a local custom jeweler. The big box corporate stores are not going to be able to provide you with the best deal or quality of the product. A local custom jeweler has a better ability to provide you with a great deal, especially if they’re a diamond broker or diamond district like Mark’s Diamonds. I’m not kidding you, by going to Mark’s Diamonds, I’m saving almost 40% from what I would have spent anywhere else.